Installing the Hub is a simple process and you will be able to perform a self install. Find the step-wise installation guide below:
Step 1: Once you receive the package, unbox it and verify the contents of the kit.
For each kit of the standard packaging.
- The Hub
- Mounting Plate(MMP)
- Power Cable
- 2 VHB tapes
- Cable Ties
- 2 Screws
- 4 Ejectors(in the standard pack of 10)
Step 2: The power cable has two ends, one end is the male part (L-Shaped connector) and the other end consists of sensor cables (RJ485 cable) and the wires which have to be connected to the power source (battery).
Please follow the below steps to connect the Hub to the power source (battery):
- Connect the power cable to the Hub (the L-shaped connector end of the cable should be connected to the Hub by matching the notch to the groove) and connect the other end to the power source (battery).
Note: The red colour wire should be connected to the positive terminal and the black wire should be connected to the negative terminal of the battery.
- Check if the LED lights are blinking.
- Download and Install the Skylo app on your mobile phone.
- Enter the company name, choose the region and then enter your credentials (username and password) and click on 'Login'
- Hold the Hub firmly and ensure that there is no obstruction towards the South direction to establish a connection with the satellite.
- Connect the Skylo app to the Hub by WiFi or Bluetooth.
- If you are connecting via Bluetooth, click on Bluetooth option as shown in the above image and then you will be given an option whether to add the Hub by entering the Mac ID manually or to scan the QR code by clicking on the icon. Or You can directly choose the available Hub on the list to get connected.
- If you are connecting via Wi-Fi, please select the option as Wi-Fi, turn on the Wi-Fi in your mobile phone settings page, then click on the skylo hub shown in the Wi-Fi devices list. Once your phone is connected to the Hub Wi-Fi, please click on Continue on your Skylo mobile app.
- Once the Hub is successfully connected, select the respective asset and click on Associate Hub as shown in the below image.
Step 4: Once the above steps are successful, please proceed with fixing the Hub onto the respective asset (boat/truck)
To fix the Hub on the asset you will need the following accessories i.e. VHB tapes, cable ties and screws.
- Find a flat surface on the asset which should be an open space thus allowing the Hub to face the clear sky.
- Now hold the Hub facing the south direction to ensure that the Hub is receiving good network connectivity (check for SINR value in the positive range of 1 to 10 and the modem status should show connected)
Note: The SINR value can be checked in the mobile app under the ‘Data’ tab as shown in the above image.
- Then fix the mounting plate on the flat surface of the asset with the help of VHB tapes/cable ties/screws appropriately to ensure that it is fixed firmly.
- Now place the Hub on the mounting plate and rotate it clockwise until it is fixed firmly with the ‘click’ sound.
Note: Screws can be used to fix the mounting plate on the asset by drilling, this is to ensure a firm fit.
Should you face any issues during the self installation, kindly contact our customer support team.